EPISODE 100 | 22 MINS
The Future of Smart Growth
WITH MATTHEW DALBEY
Celebrating our 100th episode by kicking off the conversation about the upcoming New Partners for Smart Conference
Guest & Organization:
Matthew Dalbey is the Director of the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Sustainable Communities. The Office of Sustainable Communities (OSC) supports locally led, community-driven efforts to revitalize local economies and attain better environmental and human health outcomes. OSC collaborates with other EPA programs; federal agencies; regional, state, and local governments; and a broad array of nongovernmental and private-sector partners to help communities become stronger, healthier, and more livable. OSC helps to meet communities at their needs by collaborating with other agencies and programs to use federal resources effectively and efficiently and better leverage public and private investment. This work directly supports EPA’s mission of protecting human health and the environment, contributing to clean air, clean water and other important goals in communities all across the country.
To help communities learn about and implement development strategies that protect human health and the environment, create economic opportunities, and provide attractive and affordable neighborhoods, the Office of Sustainable Communities:
- Provides technical assistance in response to community requests:
- Local Foods, Local Places;
- Healthy Places for Healthy People;
- Cool & Connected;
- Building Blocks;
- Greening America’s Communities; and
- Governors’ Institute on Community Design.
- Produces tools, research, case studies and other information on a variety of topics.
- Shares examples of community strategies and projects that can be models for other places.
- Convenes diverse interests to encourage better growth and development.